Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Apps since successfully downloading El Capitan

Since successfully downloading El Capitan, updating most apps. etc. I am unable to update iPhoto or Aperture - and unable to open Aperture which is where all my work is.

This is very problematic for me. Can anyone advise me how to proceed. Error message (in App store) reads: "This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later" - but since hours.

Thank you. Znon

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 2:20 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Znon

I am sorry that I disappear sometimes for long periods.

It is not a sign of indifference. I am very ill and can often not participate for weeks on end.

With quite exemplary help from the local Apple telephone help line I at least regained access to my folders in Aperture.

This is how they helped me after checking that I had backups of my "Aperture" and "iPhoto" pictures:

• First under the "purchases" tab in the "App Store" - look to see that "Aperture" and "iPhoto" are still there (meaning they can be downloaded again).
  • If they are. Then you can move "Aperture" and "iPhoto" from the "Applications Folder" to the "Trash" (NB don't delete the trash yet ! ! ! !)
  • Restart
  • Download "Aperture" and "iPhoto" again from the "App Store"
  • Restart
  • At least in my case I again had my "Aperture" and "iPhoto" and my folders intact
  • allowing me to empty the "Trash"
  • At the moment they work so painfully slowly with "OSX El Capitan" it drives one to tears
  • And I am still trying to work out ways to directly move the folder structure (which is not based on WHEN photos were taken) into the new "Photos" App

I have not had time yet to devote to this - and my health is sporadic.

If anyone has hints as to transferring large numbers of Albums with large numbers of projects from Aperture into Photos directly. I would still be very happy to hear.

Meanwhile - I hope this helps someone else

Thank you to all who have tried to help me

With best wishes

Znon

Updating Apps since successfully downloading El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.