Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech mouse no longer working in El Capitan. Any ideas

Logitech wireless mouse no longer recognized in el capitan. Not programmable, veeeeeery slow scroll, can get into it in system prefs. Any ideas?

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 3:00 PM

7 replies

Dec 11, 2015 8:36 AM in response to G510

I have been having major problems with the Logitech Performance MX mouse using the Unifying receiver and software. For a long while I have always had the receiver plugged into my USB 3.0 Hub and never had a problem. Matter of fact I have a Logitech Solar Keyboard that uses the same receiver and software and it works fine, but the mouse is never seen by OSX 10.11. I contacted Logitech months ago when I started Beta testing 10.11 and got the answer that they are working on it. But yesterday I contacted them and was given a crazy off the wall answer that the receiver has to be in the USB port on the iMac. I asked why as it always worked in every version of OSX prior to 10.11 and they got nasty. I love the feel of the Logitech mouse but for a company that specializes in Mice and Keyboards you would think they would provide a fix. I found a work around which means that every update I need a USB mouse plugged in during OSX update to click through the unifying software to get the mouse to work. This is a pain to say the least. I was so angry this morning I wrote to Logitech General HQ. Not that it will do any good, but I had to tell them my opinion.

Dec 11, 2015 11:47 AM in response to G510

I have to reset my Logitech Mouse after every OS X upgrade and often after every restart. In System Preferences select Logitech > Open Unifying Software. Click on Advanced. Select your mouse then select Un-pair. You'll need another mouse to select the button to pair a new device. (roll eyes). Close out and your mouse will be back.

Be sure you are using v3.9.3

http://support.logitech.com/software/options

I believe that the new Logitech mice have new software that will take care of this. However their entire line has not been updated. I'm waiting for the M510 to be refreshed.

Dec 21, 2015 1:57 AM in response to joelw135

joel, this seems to be a general problem of El Capitan with USB-connectivity. I also experience major problems with different USB-devices attached to my USB-hub. The only solution is to connect these devices directly to one of the USB-ports on the computer - which ofcourse is not the idea of a hub :-(

I already reported this bug to Apple, please also do so at www.apple.com/feedback .

Dec 21, 2015 5:55 AM in response to dianeoforegon

I have been having major problems with the Logitech Performance MX mouse using the Unifying receiver and software. For a long while I have always had the receiver plugged into my USB 3.0 Hub and never had a problem. Matter of fact I have a Logitech Solar Keyboard that uses the same receiver and software and it works fine, but the mouse is never seen by OSX 10.11. I contacted Logitech months ago when I started Beta testing 10.11 and got the answer that they are working on it. But yesterday I contacted them and was given a crazy off the wall answer that the receiver has to be in the USB port on the iMac. I asked why as it always worked in every version of OSX prior to 10.11 and they got nasty. I love the feel of the Logitech mouse but for a company that specializes in Mice and Keyboards you would think they would provide a fix. I found a work around which means that every update I need a USB mouse plugged in during OSX update to click through the unifying software to get the mouse to work. This is a pain to say the least. I was so angry this mornin

Logitech mouse no longer working in El Capitan. Any ideas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.