Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.0.2 Not Connecting to Itunes

I just updated my phone to IOS 9.0.2 and now itunes will not recognize my iphone. I also recently set up ICloud for my photos. Now my phone is not recognized by my Itunes. I have tried everything on the support page from restarting the computer/iphone, updating my computer and itunes, restarting the device driver service, and reinstalling itunes and nothing has made a difference. How can I fix this?

iPhone 5s, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 2:15 PM

12 replies

Oct 3, 2015 4:32 PM in response to captainmk68

I have the same issue. Tried updating my iphone 5 from ios 9.0 to 9.0.2 using ITunes. Now my phone is stuck on the screen that shows the connect to iTunes icon but iTunes will not recognize the phone. have tried all the fixes noted above but nothing is working. I am stuck in recovery mode with no way out. I can hear a sound prompt on my computer when I try to restart recovery mode by holding down the home / sleep button, but ITunes message to restore / update does not appear. Updated ITunes to laterst version and still nothing.

This is the second time I have had an iphone 5 lock up when upgrading to ios 9.0 / 9.0.2. This should not happen. Now I have a brick!!

Oct 3, 2015 5:43 PM in response to captainmk68

ok miracles do happen. I found a solution to my issue. I plugged the USB cable into a different port on my computer and was able to get iTunes to recognize the phone and restore the ios 9.0.2 upgrade. Took a long time to complete, so you have to let it run a while. This whole process wasted about 6 hours of my weekend. ARGHHH APPLE 😟

Oct 3, 2015 6:59 PM in response to Tomamyx

I did... I found the solution on another thread though

Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.

Select "Browse my computer for driver software."

Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."

Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.

Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).

Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.

IOS 9.0.2 Not Connecting to Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.