Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sd card on iMac not working with el capitan

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 3:38 PM

Try another SD card. When posting it would be helpful if you provided complete information such as how the card is connected, i.e. do you use a card reader, is the card still in the camera or does your iMac have an internal card reader. Also how is the card formatted and when you indicate "sd card on iMac not working with el capitan" what exactly does that mean?

We are all end users like yourself and rely on you to paint a clear description so we can begin to help you.

181 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2015 3:38 PM in response to jillandsteve

Try another SD card. When posting it would be helpful if you provided complete information such as how the card is connected, i.e. do you use a card reader, is the card still in the camera or does your iMac have an internal card reader. Also how is the card formatted and when you indicate "sd card on iMac not working with el capitan" what exactly does that mean?

We are all end users like yourself and rely on you to paint a clear description so we can begin to help you.

Oct 22, 2015 8:18 PM in response to jillandsteve

Just since El Capitan....

I have a late 2009 iMac. If I have to use the internal SD card reader, I have to reboot. Does resetting the PRAM work or is it just rebooting the system? Who knows? I own several motion-sensing cameras that I check every few days. So I use the SD card slot frequently. I refuse to reboot the system every time I need to read the SD card. After all, this is not Windows. Now I just use the TV.

Not cool, Apple. I was desperately hoping the 10.11.1 update would fix this. I keep telling everyone I use a Mac 'cause it just works.....

Heavy sigh.

Dave

Oct 25, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Necr0n99

Hello! I see that you're disappointed by the same problem that I had. Because such advice reset the memory required to start a company from the beginning of the Snow Leopard original discs I bought Mac. I delete all because I had installed El Capitan, and did it perfectly, as he used the backup capsule libraries that hold me. Look what happened next. I neglected to tell you that not everything reinstalled because of the problem with SD card, and because of the blank menu for sharing. Once reinstalled everything but fine menu SD card is not recognized. I had given me advice to bring order in the terminal certain commands and then restart Mac never left. Regained his machine-Mas and angry as you are, you have to upload photos as you turn the camera with kabel.Sled as did his company works perfectly went on vacation for five days and I turned it off bodily. Until now, I had never stopped. I returned it and left the card is read without problem. I uploaded the photos icon on your map screen out as it always has worked. Try to stop the computer for 1-2 days, however, can not do without it if of course not fix the problem of updates 10.11.1

Oct 25, 2015 9:56 AM in response to jillandsteve

Hi,

1. Start by shutting down the mac then when you power it on press and hold the letter D, this will ruin the internal diagnostics. Its not gonna check everything but it will let you know if you have an underlying issue. If you have a pass then move to step two.

2. Do the SMC and PRAM reset. Google how to do it.

3. Check for Malware. Go to adwaremedic.com and download and run Malwarebites. Believe me I've seen it interfere with the OS X and yes I know 10.11.1 has been built to prevent malware but you might have had it already.

4. Create a new user log-in and test again.

5. Phone the Apple tech support they will be glad to help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.