Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Update Killed Dreamweaver Previews

After applying the latest Safari Update, the File Paths from Dreamweaver Preview function no longer work. Safari is deleting part of the "local" hard drive file paths?

For instance, this is an example of a correct local file path that DW loads in to every other browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc) when Previewed:

file:///Volumes/CLIENT%20DATA/CLIENT%20SITES/FAMTrips/Sicily2016/Sicily2016.html

This is what Safari tries to Preview from DW (it leaves out the "VOLUMES/" part of the path, so you just get a blank grey screen in Safari with an error)

file:///CLIENT%20DATA/CLIENT%20SITES/FAMTrips/Sicily2016/Sicily2016.html

If I do a Safari RESET and go back to DW, it will work ONE TIME, from then on Safari just loads partial file paths with errors.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 3.33 GHz 6-Core, 32 Gig Ram,

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 2:57 PM

6 replies

Oct 22, 2015 12:25 AM in response to ChoreoGraphics

I have the same problem, but solved it by building a simple mediator application in Automator,

and add it to the Dreamweaver as a preview browser instead of Safari.

I know it's not a fundamental solution, but it works fine for me.

It's a really simple "two-steps" app, so you'll be able to build it in minutes.

User uploaded file

Hope it will help.

(Mavericks, DW CS5, Safari 9.0.1)

May 14, 2016 9:28 AM in response to ginshockabilly

Hi,

I have the same issue with Dreamweaver CC 2015.2 when previewing a page in Safari 9, file path is truncated:

file:///Clients…

should be

file:///Volumes/Clients…

It's OK with Firefox 46 or Chrome 50.

Note: my HTML file is located on a volume (partition of a HD) and DW is located on another volume (SSD).

ginshockabilly's solution using Automator seems to be a good patch, but i can't get it working, Automator returns an error with the shell script:

In french:

"L'action exécuter un script shell a rencontré une erreur.

Vérifiez les propriétés de l'action puis réexecutez le processus"

In english, something like:

"The action run a shell script encountered an error .
Check the action properties and rerun the process
"

Maybe i made a mistake typing the script (ginshockabilly only showed a screenshot of his scripts)?

Here's what i typed:

-----------------------------------------------

Applescript

on run {input, parameters}

set appPath to path to current application

set input's front to appPath

input

end run

Shell script

appPath="$1"

shift

open -a "/Applications/Safari.app" $1

-----------------------------------------------

I'm not familiar with scripts, but i guess maybe there's a problem with the variable appPath that is not well sent to the shell script, what do you think of this please?

Thanks for your answers!

Safari Update Killed Dreamweaver Previews

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.