Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari opens then jumps back to home page

After the latest iOS 9 upgrade on iPad air 2, every time I open safari it will load to home page and immediately jump back to home page. On occasion the home page will remain but as soon as I start typing it jumps back to home page. I've rebooted several times to no avail. Apps seem to be operating normally. Occasionally happens when writing an email.

iPad 2, null

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 5:57 PM

Clarification:

After the latest iOS 9 upgrade on iPad air 2, every time I open safari it will load to my home page (google) and immediately jump back to the iPad's home page.

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:18 PM in response to nellohswake

Try resetting Safari. Close Safari completely from the multitasking window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by scrawling to the left as there may be other panes there from other apps. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

safari opens then jumps back to home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.