Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan download validation error using appstore

I'm unable to install El Capitan upgrade using App Store. Similar thing happened last time when upgrading to Yosemite. I had to download and run the image file manually.

Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Installer error:

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistantTool[415]: FirstLogin: is an autologin user

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistantTool[415]: Staged principal user cookie to /private/var/db

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistant[408]: Preventing machine sleep.

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistant[408]: LSExceptions [0x6000000b0920] unloaded

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistant[408]: Using product IA_PKSecureNetEnabledProduct <file:///OS%20X%20Install%20Data/> at distance 5

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistant[408]: Using mutable product path: /OS X Install Data

Oct 1 16:02:12 InstallAssistant[408]: Retrieving 1 packages (0.000 GB)

Oct 1 16:02:13 InstallAssistant[408]: Retrieved package com.apple.pkg.CompatibilityUpdate (http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/14/36/031-38697/zglepezf5bd9qz5uuk67zre 4sxxrov7y4u/OSX_10_11_IncompatibleAppList.pkg)

Oct 1 16:02:13 InstallAssistant[408]: Verifying InstallMacOSX.pkg/InstallESD.dmg

Oct 1 16:02:30 InstallAssistant[408]: pkgdmg is not signed or altered.

Oct 1 16:02:30 InstallAssistant[408]: pkgdmg validation has failed.

Oct 1 16:02:30 InstallAssistant[408]: Stopped operation queue with Error Domain=IAErrorDomain Code=101 "This copy of the Install OS X El Capitan application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading." UserInfo=0x6080002e5e00 {IAErrorAlternateAction=App Store, NSLocalizedRecoveryOptions=(

Cancel,

"App Store\U2026"

), NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Delete this copy of the application, and go to the Purchases page of the Mac App Store to download a new copy., NSRecoveryAttempter=<IARecoveryAttempter: 0x608000221760>, NSLocalizedDescription=This copy of the Install OS X El Capitan application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading.}

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 4:16 PM

13 replies

Oct 1, 2015 4:43 PM in response to Community User

I had same problem when I downloaded the 6 GB installer to one of my Mac Pros, copied it to a USB stick and copied that to another Mac Pro and tried installing it. It may be that Apple is now prohibiting that and now requires downloading it on the computer you are gong to install that on.

This may have been in response to a problem some users had in China with downloading Xcode (used by developers to create apps) . Some users download it from another site and it was infected resulting in in the resulting apps being infected.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/20/xcode-ghost-app-store-malware-malicious-apps/

Oct 1, 2015 5:05 PM in response to lllaass

My Macbook Pro is connected to the chrager 24/7 sitting on a desk. My system time also seems correct. I have tried downloading upgrade from appstore and running the installer a few times but it doesn't help. Like I mentioned; same thing happened when I tried to upgrade to Yosemite. Must be something unique in my case and that's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm able to upgrade/install other apps through appstore just fine.

Oct 2, 2015 10:22 PM in response to Community User

The next thing to do is to boot "safe mode" and download the installer again. Drag the original installer to the Trash.

• Safe Mode or "Safe Boot" is a troubleshooting mode that bypasses all third party system extensions and loads only required system components. Read about it: Starting up in Safe Mode
  • You must disable FileVault before you can start your Mac in Safe Mode.
  • Starting your Mac in Safe Mode will take longer than usual, graphics will not render smoothly, audio is disabled on some Macs, and some programs (iTunes for example) may not work at all.
  • Merely starting your Mac in Safe Mode is not intended to resolve the problem, it's to observe its performance without certain additional components.
  • To end Safe Mode restart your Mac normally. Shutdown will take longer as well.

Oct 2, 2015 10:40 PM in response to lllaass

It may be that Apple is now prohibiting that and now requires downloading it on the computer you are gong to install that on.

If true, that would be most unfortunate. On multiple occasions I have found it necessary to reinstall the Mac OS. Also, sometimes it is necessary to install an older version of the Mac OS.

There are good reasons to want an old, reliable USB stick. For instance, if you find yourself doing multiple installs, a USB drive may be faster than multiple downloads. Also, the ability to download applications and operating systems is often removed. Making the software unavailable.

El Capitan download validation error using appstore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.