Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage Band loops are ALL blue and not editable

Garage Band 10.1.0

Yosemite 10.10.5

Mac Book Pro 10gb ram

Help me please understand loops. I have no control over their length and

I have no Green loops installed and have only blue loops in Apple Loops (audio)

I have reindexed several times, I have purchased loops that I know at one time were true audio tracks, Brushes and Retro Drums and all are blue, as am I.

I am NOT able to change the length, if it's a 4 beat loop that's all I get, can't get to stretch it to 16 or any length.

I have worked with GB in the recent past when this was a doable thing. What has changed.

I have read the following in Garage Band Help about loops but non of this is as it says it should be.

Add a loop to your project

Do one of the following:

• Drag a loop to an empty area of the Tracks area, below the existing tracks.A new track of the appropriate type (audio or software instrument) is created, and the loop is added to the new track.
  • Drag an audio loop (blue) to an audio track.
  • Drag a software instrument loop (green) to a software instrument track.
  • Drag a software instrument loop (green) to an audio track to convert it to an audio loop.

The added Apple Loop always matches the project tempo

I am NOT able to change the length, if it's a 4 beat loop that's all I get, can't get to stretch it to 16 or any length.

Where are the software loops that Garage Band?

ALSO, I have looked in the Library/Audio/loops and the loops I purchased are ALL .aif,

where are the loop that came with Garage Band and are there no GREEN loops?

Message was edited by: jojoguitar

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Garage Band

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 5:48 PM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2015 8:58 AM in response to jojoguitar

This is an update, not a reply,

the above problem with not being able to stretch or modify the length of loops (still all blue) does NOT occur if I select SONGWRITER as a starting point.

I started the other project with EMPTY PROJECT and had the looping problem.

So, if I want to write a song from scratch, I will now just need to use songwriter. Not logical to me but to get the job done I use the template and delete what is not wanted and pull the loop (blue) over and lengthen.

If anyone can explain the blue/green thing I would appreciate it,

jojoguitar

mn_usa

Garage Band loops are ALL blue and not editable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.