Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I embed the html file I exported from Keynote 6.0 into iWeb 3.0.4?

I've created a slideshow in Keynote 6.0. There are 35 slides, all with transitions and animations, set to one soundtrack. From Keynote I exported it as an HTML, which gave me a ton of folders within folders (assets) and one tidy index.html file. If I copy and paste this into Google Chrome I can hear the music but there is only a black screen. It plays perfectly (music, sync, special effects, etc) in Safari. file:///Users/HOME/Sites/Desktop/Inside%20HTML/assets/player/KeynoteDHTMLPlayer .html#0 is what's displayed in the URL pane. How do I convert this file on my desktop into a useable file on my website to share with viewers?

I've tried exporting as a quicktime movie, too. It keeps the soundtrack and all the transitions, but the image quality isn't nearly as good and the syncing is way off. I can easily embed this in iWeb but am hoping there's a better way. HELP.

Appreciate any insight. Thanks

Susan

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 5:34 PM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2015 4:15 AM in response to susan2go

How do I convert this file on my desktop into a useable file on my website to share with viewers?

It plays perfectly (music, sync, special effects, etc) in Safari.

The html export from Keynote is what you require. The fact that Safari plays the presentation correctly is proof that the html export is correct.

Consult the instructions from your web site hosting service, each provider requires different methods to host an html project.

Oct 4, 2015 4:34 PM in response to susan2go

I am new to Keynote for Mac -- so far it's been an awsome discovery. I've been looking for slide show apps to help me quickly create presentations without the need to fuss with keywords or re-naming photos. Just drag and drop in the desired sequence. Next has been the challenge of posting to a web blog to share with friends -- and/or to the world at some point. Like 'Susan' I exported to HTML and came to posess the same index.html and "a ton of folders within folders (assets)!" Now came the 'rabbit-hole' of how to populate/post these images into a friendly, easy to use and share web page enviroment. I have numb fingers searching and Googling through supports, knowledge bases, Apple discussions for methods. The best I've found (so far) is via a WordPress page that I purchased through GoDaddy -- "Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel." I went this cPanel/GoDaddy route after landing on this video: "Convert Keynote & Powerpoint for WordPress.com" posting. Once I had all the instructions in place - including the need to use Google Drive as a tool, (which required exporting as a PowerPoint) I am almost at a solution. (or at least my WordPress initial test is showing some promise.) Check this Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNVrQWdnA20&feature=youtu.be

I had to jump through several hoops to get through this. I'd sure love to know of any easier methods to get Keynotes published in a faster and simpler method for viewing my slide shows. Please share suggestions and solutions others may have found. Thanks

How do I embed the html file I exported from Keynote 6.0 into iWeb 3.0.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.