Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Yosemite: Papyrus font missing in iWeb 3.0.4

It's been years since I updated my iWeb website. I recently did a software update on my 2009 MBPro running Mountain Lion and iWeb transferred over to Yosemite but the Papyrus font is missing. I used the Papyrus font when I designed my site and I can't add anything new absent this font as it will make the whole site look off. Is there any way to add this font to iWeb 3.0.4 in Yosemite?

It's imperative that I update the site as it's a photo website and I have many dozens of images I need to add. I recently sent a mailing to new clients advising that they can see samples of my new work on my website so I need to find a way to reinstall Papyrus. The site is www.lawrencebeck.com.

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 7:09 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2015 3:06 AM in response to leicaman94044

iWeb uses fonts. It has no fonts itself and you cannot add fonts to it.

Open Font Book to see if the font is installed on your computer.

If not, why not use another font. Here's Font Crime #3 : Papyrus

"It has no purpose except for the type of homework where you soak paper in tea and burn the edges to look like parchment."

http://www.janeandphilbert.com/5-fonts-need-stop-using-9-better-typefaces/

If you use another font, make sure it's available on the computer of your visitor.

To avoid such missing font, use a Google font :

https://www.google.com/fonts/

Here's how to add it to iWeb :

http://wyodor.byethost8.com/Google/Google_Fonts.html

Oct 2, 2015 7:06 AM in response to Wyodor

Thanks Wyodor.

The issue, as mentioned in my original post, is that the Papyrus font has disappeared when I upgraded to Yosemite. It's on my computer in "fonts" in my library folder but there are only about 16 different common fonts in iWeb when I launch iWeb on my pre Intel MBPro.

I just launched iWeb on my 2013 MBPro, and though I didn't build the website on this newer laptop and my site doesn't appear in iWeb when I launch it... there are probably 80-90 different fonts in iWeb on my newer computer (running 10.9.5), including Papyrus, than on the old one running Yosemite. This would indicate, to me at least, that it's possible to restore the lost fonts on my old MBPro which I used to build my site.

Since this is obvious an issue that hasn't crossed your path in the past... could you advise as to how I can pull my website into the 2013 MBPro so I can use the Papyrus font that is available on that version of iWeb?

Apologies for the lucite nature of the request... but I'm very inexperienced in these areas and am unaware as to how to go about bringing my site into iWeb on the newer laptop.

Thanks.

Oct 2, 2015 10:06 AM in response to leicaman94044

Problem solved by transferring iWeb library on my old MBPro to the newer one. All fonts are present in iWeb on the newer computer that had disappeared on the old one. No idea why.

With respect to the alleged "font crime" of using Papyrus: this is akin to condemning someone for their political beliefs and is not the least bit constructive in addressing the issue at hand. The font was widely used in the past because of it's aesthetic qualities... and the two fonts suggested in your link look like a bad attempt to imitate Papyrus... albeit with an advanced case of nerve damage inducing the shakes in ones attempt to imitate Papyrus.

Installed Yosemite: Papyrus font missing in iWeb 3.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.