Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting notification to update my iOS from 8.4.1 to 9

I am from India. I used to get notifications from Apple whenever there is an update of their iOS. But this time I have got no notifications for updating the iOS of my iPad Air from 8.4.1 to 9 till now. I just want to know the possible causes.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 11:08 PM

12 replies

Oct 5, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Santosh273

To me the most important is that Apple say Airplay between any device, but it is a lie. I can't airplay from my iPad to my PC. But I could with other software in v8. So the whatever Apple "airplay" that is defuct has broken functionality. Sadly I was to late to downgrade my iPad, so I more or less now have a useless iPad for my purposes (as I have to use Airplay a lot).

But in general there is a far as I can see no advantages in "up"grading this time, but several disadvantages. I guess that is also why Apple has blocked the "down"grade option as many people would do if possible.

My best advice is to stay happy on 8 and never worry about 9.

Not getting notification to update my iOS from 8.4.1 to 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.