Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new OS X El Capitan cannot detect USB to ethernet Adapter ( JP208B ) and cannot use ethernet internet access any more after upgrading to El Capitan

USB to ethernet adapter cannot be detected and used after upgrading to Mac OS X El Capitan from Yosemite. My ethernet adapter is JP208B and is no longer detected with My MacBook Air ( Mid 2013 ). At first , I am doubtful my ethernet adapter is malfunctioned so I bought new ethernet adapter ( JP1081B ). But both adapters cannot be detected with my MacBook Air . Please help me with the question of " Is there anyone facing this problem ? " I am strongly requested to solve and give advice to me for solving this issue . Thanks !

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 1, 2015 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:07 AM

Googling shows that it appears that the adopter is not the Apple USB>Ethernet adopter. If that is the case then go to the manufacturer's support site and look for updated drivers.

It not that unexpected that such devices would require an updated driver.

4 replies

My new OS X El Capitan cannot detect USB to ethernet Adapter ( JP208B ) and cannot use ethernet internet access any more after upgrading to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.