Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Turn Off iOS 9 Pages New Toolbar

Is there any way to turn off the new toolbar in Pages for iOS 9?

THey put a new undo button exactly where the indent button use to be and I keep hitting it on accident. If you don't notice this before you start typing the next paragraph, you can't even undo the accidental undo and you are just screwed.

I Haven't been able to find any options but am hoping there is a secret menu somewhere that I'm overlooking and will save the day.

User uploaded file

THe Notes app oddly never did have an indent button, button it does have this awkward undo button that scares me

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:33 AM

11 replies

Oct 2, 2015 5:36 AM in response to alanchrishughes

No, there isn't any way to hide or alter it.

Yes, you can revert an "undo" as long as you do so before typing any additional content (pretty much work as it does in desk top versions of most word processors, such as MS word).

Keyboards have been fully contextualized to the app you are using in iOS for as long as I can remember. that isn't new.

Dec 7, 2015 12:41 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Yeah I know Notes isn't meant to be a regular word processor, but I'm still stuck on a 1st gen ipad mini, which doesn't really support Pages any more, so I'm just trying to make it work with Notes now.

I tried Evernote, but that seemed too big also to work on my ipad, and it also added a bunch of formatting I didn't like. Notes for the most part works great. I can type what I need and then copy and paste it into a Pages document and then open that on my computer and continue writing and the text doesn't have any weird Notes formatting. It's just plain text that formats to the Pages document.

How To Turn Off iOS 9 Pages New Toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.