Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade Xcode (including swift and everything)

Hi,

I'm having some trouble since few hours, let me explain.

I have a one year old project, which I started with the first swift implementations.

I upgraded Xcode this morning thinking that I would be given the choice to upgrade my project to Swift 2.0 or just keep it in its current state.

My problem is that after Xcode updated to version 7, my project/dependancies are uncompilable.

For particular reason I can't upgrade this project to swift 2.0 (school project), so I need to go back to my previous working environment on 6.4 and swift 1.3.

What I did since:

- Uninstall Xcode (move .app to trash)

- Went to developper portal, downloaded xcode 6.4

- Clone a xcode 6.4 / swift 1.3 (I think) compatible

Result : Still having all the same warnings.

Is it because I only uninstalled Xcode 7 and not the toolchain/swift2.0 or w/e?

If anyone have a solution for me I would be glad to hear it, I feel really helpless now.

Thanks for reading this,

Alexandre Camilleri, from France

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 3:10 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 12:54 AM in response to alexcamill

Hey Alex,

You can have two versions of XCode at the same time so need to delete it in the future. I do it myself also when I play with older projects!

Just download the older version of XCode from here: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/?name=Xcode

Make sure to select the XCode that works with your older project in this case should be 6.4 it automatically will come with SWIFT 1.3.

Best of luck!

Oct 4, 2015 2:33 AM in response to alexcamill

I don't think it has anything do with the toolchain. As SWIFT is dynamic to the XCode installation.

Below is a pic of my XCode Apps in my Application folder(One is being updated)

User uploaded file

As you can see they are side by side and run two separate version of Xcode I don't encounter any problems. I would also recommend checking your Swift code and make sure that you have installed the proper XCode for it.

Best of luck!

How to downgrade Xcode (including swift and everything)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.