Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fcpx 10.2.2 crashes after installing OS X El Capitan

Hello everybody.

Fcpx 10.2.2 keeps crashing after installing OS X El Capitan 10.11 last night. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Does anyone else have this same problem? I wonder if Apple is aware fo this and if we can expect an OS X update to solve this bug.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 4:26 AM

Third party AU plugins? Seem to crash Logic and FCP.

120 replies

Oct 4, 2015 5:10 AM in response to MrAshwood

Trying to ID what has gotten messed up in a user account can be tedious. If the AU suggestion doesn't fix things, you might try the method describedhereto rebuild a corrupted user directory (read through the entire thread).

Or you could continue to run Final Cut from the new user. If you use Fast User Switching, it's not that much additional trouble.

Or you could do a clean install of the OS.

Good luck.

Russ

Oct 4, 2015 5:45 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks for the link, Russ. Ronny's link to dropbox is inaccessible to me behind the corporate firewall, I'll try to get it from home.

THe thread points to all kinds of absurd OS weaknesses and failures that Apple should be carefully and deliberately fixing yesterday. The implied link between an unstable user account, which is weirdly fragile, and the most basic functions of FCPX is inexcusable.

At our shop, we'll be waiting for updates and fixes to El Cap and the new rev of FCPX before making any changes to our editiing systems.

Fcpx 10.2.2 crashes after installing OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.