Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9.0.2 update- my iphone 6s has NO ios in the meantime and download is taking >20 hours

Bought a new iphone 6s.

Backed up old phone. I'm using the most recent version of itunes. When asked about updating to ios 9.0.2, when the phone was plugged into itunes, I said yes and

am regretting it. Download has failed once (in 8 hours) and this one is projecting >20 hours to complete. In the meantime, my phone appears to have no ios and has a "slide to upgrade" screen. I have tried a hard reset of the phone and restoring it via itunes with no success. The restore in itunes gave me an error message. My internet download speed is 27 Mbps so I know that is not it. Any thoughts?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 3:25 PM

I had a problem also with 9.02 update. My iPhone 6 was stuck in a loop. It would shut off and come back on to a white screen over and over. I had to restore my phone to 9.01, what I had to do was plug in my phone open up iTunes and hold the home button and off button until the iPhone went to recovery mode. It took me about 8 to 10 tries to restore form backup and finally restored to my most recent backup. I'm back to iOS 9.01. I'll stay with IOS 9.01 for now. My iPad Air2 and iPad mini 1 updated fine with know problems.

I would say just keep retrying to restore from most resent backup and don't update to 9.02 for now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 3:25 PM in response to basasusa

I had a problem also with 9.02 update. My iPhone 6 was stuck in a loop. It would shut off and come back on to a white screen over and over. I had to restore my phone to 9.01, what I had to do was plug in my phone open up iTunes and hold the home button and off button until the iPhone went to recovery mode. It took me about 8 to 10 tries to restore form backup and finally restored to my most recent backup. I'm back to iOS 9.01. I'll stay with IOS 9.01 for now. My iPad Air2 and iPad mini 1 updated fine with know problems.

I would say just keep retrying to restore from most resent backup and don't update to 9.02 for now.

Oct 6, 2015 12:22 PM in response to Luckyann

Just want to add a update on my iPhone 6. I tried to update to 9.02 again only to have the same problem again. I was also getting error codes from in iTunes. After about an hour it finally updated too the latest ver 9.02. My first thought was a bad backup file. Anyway I turned the iPhone off and then rebooted it only to go into the same loop with a gray and a white screen. I did a hard reset and was able to restore it with Wondershare Dr,Fone iOS app. It worked and restored to 9.02. Now before I decided to reboot the iPhone again I took a trip to the apple store to speak with a apple rep. Told him what was going on. Anyway with him there I rebooked the iPhone. There it is back in the same loop again. He also tried to restore as a new phone, came up with error codes. Told me it was a Hardware problem and give me a new iPhone. Luckily the iPhone was still under warranty .

ios 9.0.2 update- my iphone 6s has NO ios in the meantime and download is taking >20 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.