Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says no sim card after iOS9 update

Hi peeps,

hopefully one of you can help me.

After I updated my iPhone (5) to iOS 9.02 this morning my iPhone still says "no sim card". I had the same problem after updating it to iOS 9.0 but then anyway it worked again...

But this time it won't work again. I tried to switch it off and on a few times. As well as with sim card in it and without.

What should I do to make my iPhone working again?

Because this happens 2 times directly after the update I can't imagine that my phone or my sim card has been broken. I think the update makes the error...

thank's a lot in advance :-)

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 3:11 AM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2015 3:16 AM in response to natascha7

Try removing your SIM card and inserting it again. Also, reset your phone. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Oct 3, 2015 1:27 AM in response to D.Cohen

Hi,

thank's for your answer. I was also in an apple store and we reseted it.. But it still says "no sim".

I think the software of the update destroyed my sim card reader. Because this happends directly after the update and had neven happened before. The phone hast not been fallen that the simcard reader broke because of a fall...

Do you have experience with this? Is there anything I can do? All the hardware is still fine. I'm really unhappy that just an update destroyed my simcard reader and my iphone is waste now althought it has been worked without any errors till the update...!?

iPhone says no sim card after iOS9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.