Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and Outlook 2016 for Windows

There are several threads in the Apple forums and in the Microsoft Answers Community stating that iCloud is not working with Outlook 2016 for Windows. The Add-In cannot be enabled and iCloud control panel asks me to repair iCloud.

Is iCloud compatible with Office 2016 for Windows?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 5, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:15 AM

I spoke to both Apple and Microsoft level 2 support techs on Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 and at that time they could not make it work. Microsoft said it's Apple's program and they should be fixing it soon, Apple said the fix is simply not ready yet because Outlook 2016 just came out. I keep looking for a fix... none available yet.

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 10:15 AM in response to P.Richardson

I spoke to both Apple and Microsoft level 2 support techs on Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 and at that time they could not make it work. Microsoft said it's Apple's program and they should be fixing it soon, Apple said the fix is simply not ready yet because Outlook 2016 just came out. I keep looking for a fix... none available yet.

Oct 17, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Neopolitans

Simply put, no they are not compatible. No posts have been made by Apple that I can find, but to say it's not working yet because Outlook 2016 just came out is pure BS.

Apple had all the code they needed to update their program BEFORE MS released the beta, which has been out for some time.

Stop ignoring your customers and fix your software.

I'd suggest anyone having this problem contact Apple Support and let them know you too are waiting for them to fix their software!

New IPhone, iPad, Apple TV, NOT UNTIL YOU FIX THIS!

Oct 17, 2015 2:10 PM in response to Ourdoc

Ourdoc wrote:

Simply put, no they are not compatible. No posts have been made by Apple that I can find, but to say it's not working yet because Outlook 2016 just came out is pure BS.

Apple had all the code they needed to update their program BEFORE MS released the beta, which has been out for some time.

Stop ignoring your customers and fix your software.

I'd suggest anyone having this problem contact Apple Support and let them know you too are waiting for them to fix their software!

New IPhone, iPad, Apple TV, NOT UNTIL YOU FIX THIS!

It is up to MS to ensure that the software they sell for use on OS X is actually compatible with OS X.

Nov 3, 2015 11:41 AM in response to P.Richardson

So my desktop (PC) with Windows10 and now MS Office 2016 (365)
has Outlook 2016 and iCloud v5.0 works Great on my Desktop, However (you know
there is always a Butt) On updating my wife’s laptop, she has Windows10 to MS
Office 365 (2016) Outlook 2016, iCloud v5.0 it is not working on Outlook 2016.
We also share Calendars and I see everything put on the iCloud calendar from my
Outlook 2016.

I have looked High and Low on my desktop with Outlook
add-ins to the “Windows Registry” to see why it works on my desktop and not my
wife’s laptop and I just can’t find anything. I don’t know if it is Microsoft
or Apple… Like everyone else I hope there will be a fix soon very soon (for my
wife is going to kill me LOL)

Regards,

Greg R

Nov 8, 2015 11:25 AM in response to P.Richardson

Similar story. PC with Windows10 and MS Office 2016 (365) with Outlook 2016 and iCloud v5.0.

Opening iCloud produces a "Repair iCloud for Windows to use with Outlook" window. All attempts to "Repair" are unsuccessful. Complete removal and re-installation of iCloud produces same result... repair required.

I can not say how frustrating this is!

iCloud and Outlook 2016 for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.