Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan update and issue with Photos app

Hi

Since downloading and updating OSX Yosemite to El Capitan this morning I have had multiple issues notably with the Photos app

I get the following message when trying to start the Photos app

"Photos must quit because the photo library has become unavailable or its data is corrupt."

I have tried running malware and disk repair and restarting but nothing is fixing the issue

Can anyone please assist?

My mac is

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)-3.5 GHz Intel Core i5-8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thanks in advance

Chris

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 4:14 PM

If you have any antivirus, cleaning or other third party "maintenance" utilities uninstall them per the developers instructions. They are at best useless and also potentially damaging. OS X does NOT need them!!!!!!

To get your Photos app working again, please read How to Repair Photos Library to Fix Common Issues with Photos App on Mac OS X

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 4:14 PM in response to open2view

If you have any antivirus, cleaning or other third party "maintenance" utilities uninstall them per the developers instructions. They are at best useless and also potentially damaging. OS X does NOT need them!!!!!!

To get your Photos app working again, please read How to Repair Photos Library to Fix Common Issues with Photos App on Mac OS X

El Capitan update and issue with Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.