Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch update is taking hours

I started my update two days ago. First it had to be downloaded to my phone which took forever and then I spent several hours yesterday trying to get it installed. The progress bar took HOURS to get the watch downloaded, verified, and installed and after HOURS it failed.

I tried again, this time it told me the watch must be connected to power (it was) and it needed to be 50% charged (it was) so it wouldn't update.

I tried rebooting both and got the same message about connecting and power level.

I then went thru the lengthy process of un pairing and re pairing to get the update to go.

This time some new watch faces appeared but the watch still said it needed an update. So I'm back at it again today. started about 30 minutes ago and it is still going. You gotta fix this Apple.

I'm sure it will eventually work but so far I'm disappointed in the update process and the watch itself. It is slow. We went to have lunch yesterday and by the time Yelp booted up, we had already found a place to eat. Some of the apps take minutes to load and once they do, their functionality is almost useless.

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 5:27 AM

Hi

This is a user-based technical support community - you are not taking to Apple here.

You mention that "some new watch faces appeared". Are you referring to the watch faces that were added in watchOS 2? If so, restarting both devices may have cleared any message that an update was still required.

2 replies

Apple watch update is taking hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.