Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari crashes on IOS 9

I am running an older Ipad, model MC916LL/A. I installed IOS 9. Safari constantly crashes after a few minutes. I opted not to submit the crash reports on installation and wish I had chosen to submit them, now. I am not seeing anyone reporting on this instability.

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 6:51 AM

17 replies

Oct 14, 2015 7:16 PM in response to garyfromnewburgh

I was getting constant web page reloads and safari crashes when pressing on links. This seems to have solved most of my problems ...

FIrst .. Go to settings .. safari .. And "clear history and website data.

THen exit safari

GO to settings .. General ... And "reset network settings". .. You will have to renter your wifi router password after this

REstart your iPad holding the home button and power off key till you see the apple logo ..

I still get the occasional safari crash on links at certain web sites. One way around this is if you know it's going to happen on a certain page ... press down and hold on the link until a menu comes up and then select "open in new tab"

Oct 15, 2015 1:09 PM in response to garyfromnewburgh

TRy doing it a couple of times ... Do it exactly in this order....

1. Go to settings .. safari .. And "clear history and website data."

2. Close safari by double clicking on the home button and swiping the safari window up off the screen.

3. Go to settings .. General ... And "reset network settings". .. You will have to renter your wifi router password after this

4. Restart your iPad holding the home button and power off key till you see the apple logo ..

I still get the occasional safari crash on links at certain web sites. One way around this is if you know it always happens on a certain page ... press down and hold on the link until a menu comes up and then select "open in new tab"

Oct 16, 2015 5:39 AM in response to Zorbov

I did all of these things again. The crashes have reduced, but it still crashes. I have a pattern which means there is probably only one cause of the crash, now. As I scroll it starts slowing down. It will even reload a portion that I have already passed. Once this happens, if I just stop, it will crash within 30 seconds. Like you, I continue to live with crashes. btw, this seems to only be an issue on Facebook. Most likely it is because no other site has the same amount of scrolling. Thanks for helping.

Oct 16, 2015 5:47 AM in response to garyfromnewburgh

I still get the occasional web page reload and links crashing but it's bearable and only on a few sites. Of course you can always use Chrome instead but I prefer the look and overall utility of Safari. As far as Facebook is concerned I don't have any problem there anymore ... maybe because I connect with it over the web page entry and don't use their "app".

If the reloads start again I'll do my method again and hope that Apple figures this out ....

Cheers .....

Safari crashes on IOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.