Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was updating my iPhone 5 to 9.0.2 as IOS and automatically got shut off and still failing to start again.What I only see when I both press power button and home button, is iTunes logo and a cable down of it.What can do to make it run again please?

I was updating my iPhone 5 to 9.0.2 as IOS and automatically got shut off and still failing to start again.What I only see when I both press power button and home button, is iTunes logo and a cable down of it.What can do to make it run again please?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:04 AM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I saw the same problem described by jnbsco when I attempted to upgrade my iPhone 5s to 9.0.2. KT: my phone IS plugged into my computer. I've reset both computer and phone and still see the same thing image on the phone. Rerunning iTunes got to the point where it is tried again, the phone screen when blank, and iTunes sayse it is "Waiting for iPhone". After waiting long enough to believe was hung, I pressed the power button on the iPhone. It is now displaying the same image (iTunes icon, usb icon, arrow between the two), iTunes says "Waiting for iPhone..." and shows phone s/n of "n/a".

After several minutes, iTunes put up a dialog saying [[The iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (4013).]] More Info button led to If you see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support which isn't too helpful but does have a link to contact Apple--I'm trying that next. Good luck to anyone else who encounters this problem!

Oct 6, 2015 7:19 AM in response to jav22

Decided to not go to Apple support as I refuse to pay them to tell me what's wrong with their SW. Final dialog for me is:

Your iPhone can't be updated; you must restore it to factory settings.

If you previously backed up the iPhone, click Restore Backup after the restore process completes.

I'll now restore to factory settings and learn whether iTunes synced my latest data before doing the update.

p.s. iTunes help says I'm running the current version of iTunes (12.3).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.