Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Connection to Exchange on IOS9

I'm using iPhone 5S running IOS 9.0.2. Since the upgrade to IOS9, there has been no mail pushed from my company's Exchange server (Exchange 2010 SP2) to my iPhone. I could retrieve mail from the Exchange server, but it took several minutes to do so and even longer to download the full message. (There have been no changes to my company's Exchange server.) So, I deleted the account and recreated it. Using the identical settings and credentials as I had for the account that was deleted -- and which connected to Exchange, albeit slowly -- the new account was created. However, no contacts sync, the calendars do not show up in the list of available calendars, and the page for the Exchange account in Mail is blank. So, no email has downloaded ("No Mail" is displayed), no calendar events, and no contacts.

Here's what I've already -- unsuccessfully -- tried to fix the problem:

1. Delete the account and recreate. (Several times after resetting the phone)

2. Toggle calendar, contacts, and mail sync on and off.

3. Restore iPhone through iTunes and restore backup.

Any thoughts?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:12 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2015 10:56 PM in response to xanderzaay

I had the same problem.

I first tried to reinstall and restore from an earlier backup but that didn't work. Then I tried to only reinstall the phone without restoring a backup and instead configuring everything from scratch and then it worked.

Not a very good solution since I lost all my earlier stuff but now both my iCloud calendars and Exchange works.

Oct 18, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Rops11

I have exactly the same issue. The messages are not being downloaded but the headers are.

I tried this thread

iPhone 6 not working with Exchange settings

This suggested resetting the network settings, check if exchange has the permissions in AD to the user, check if the user has too many devices attached etc.

The mailbox works with my Blackberry and Andriod devices. Only issue is the whole company uses Apple 😕

I've rebuilt the exchange server thinking this may have been an issue but it wasn't! Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Oct 27, 2015 10:30 PM in response to Glennmo

After the new IOS 9.1 was published I had hopes that the bug has been resolved but unfirtunaetly the situation is still the same - no possibility to synchronize with exchange. I tried to reinstall and use absolutley clean phone even not uploading Apple ID to put seetings for exchange but it gave no results. The problem is still actual. Thinking to stop using Apple devices and switch to Android.

No Connection to Exchange on IOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.