Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EC Install repeatedly fails, What to do?

Hi,

So I'm running a late 2011 15" Macboook Pro. I was running Yosemite and downloaded/attempted to install El Capitan. When "Installing on Macintosh HD" it seems to be trying to install but then for some reason keeps failing. The messages I get say "OS X could not be installed on your computer" File System verify or repair failed.

It then suggests to quit the installer, restart, and try again. I have done this several times and continue to get the same results. Is there any way for me to go back to where I was before I installed El Capitan?

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:48 AM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2015 12:47 PM in response to cjp2876

Restore from your backup.

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility Verify/Repair Disk and Repair Permissions until you get no errors. Restart in the Safe Mode and try to reinstall EC.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode - Yosemite

EC Install repeatedly fails, What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.