Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan - This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "name@email.com" - is occurring frequently with my new installation of the OS

I upgraded my Mac Book Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) to OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11) yesterday, and now I'm getting frequent iCloud error messages:

This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "myusername@gmail.com" Open iCloud preferences to fix this problem.

User uploaded file

I enter my password, and get no response.

iCloud-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 8:04 AM

57 replies

Mar 4, 2017 10:57 AM in response to NotExiled

No Apple Token on the Macmini. Do have these choices however.

I have been getting "There is an error signing into the Apple ID Server" and its only on one LOGON USER. Other USERS on the same computer can access the Appstore, iCloud and Facetime, but not the one I have used since 2009 (and has been upgraded to El Capital 10.11.6.) No one seems to have an idea as to why or how to fix yet.

User uploaded file

Sep 23, 2017 4:33 PM in response to D3105

Hi,

I'm still having this problem. My Mac is Mac Book Pro 13" Mid 2009, 2.53GHz ntel Core 2 Duo. Now I'm running Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. No anti virus software like Kapersky.

I cannot login to iCloud from System Preferences and App Store, while clearly now I can login to iCLoud.com.

Messages I get:

"Verification Failed. There was an error connceting to Apple ID server."

"Your Apple ID or password was incorrect."

Already tried several suggestions that I got in this discussion, but still not working for me. Now I still cannot login do iCloud and any other related services on my MBP.

Any other suggestion? Apple, will you help? Thanks

NB: Can I just try to install Sierra on my MBP? I read it's not officially supported. Thanks

Oct 3, 2015 5:17 AM in response to Liu Magro

It also happened to me, the first times I used El Capitan, but now it's gone...

I don't know if it's a Software issue, if you installed El Capitan, over Yosemite, over Mavericks, etc.

Maybe a Clean Install of El Capitan would resolve the issue.

But if the problem is related to your iCloud Account, then it's another story.

Maybe time will make your iCloud account works.

El Capitan - This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "name@email.com" - is occurring frequently with my new installation of the OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.