Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add DNS information in iOS?

My cable modem is not pulling down the DNS servers from my provider. Is there a way to add them in iOS software?

iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 8:22 AM

7 replies

Oct 2, 2015 8:27 AM in response to Punkyclown

Go to Settings->Wifi, and tap the ℹ icon next to your Wifi network's name. Then Tap on "Static" and manually enter the DNS info.

However, it mihgt be a good idea to get the cable mode setup so it does pickup the DNS info, and as such can be used by the iOS device.

The DNS for your iOS device should in most cases just be the IP of your Wifi router though.

Oct 5, 2015 7:53 AM in response to Punkyclown

Punkyclown wrote:

As a matter of fact I did enter the providers DNS in my Airport router but that router sends out its own

DNS address which doesn't go out to the net. So how do I edit that to get it to send out the providers DNS?

Thanks

Which is correct, as I said before, typically, the DNS address in an internal network, should be the router's IP address, not really actual DNS IP addressess.

Your Router should then use the DNS servers given to it by the ISP to resolve URLs.

In any case, why do you think you need to have the DNS on your devices specifically? Are you having issues resolving URLs to their IP addresses?

What issues are you having?

How do you add DNS information in iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.