Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp trackpad, keyboard and wifi not working

I have used Bootcamp to install Win7 on my late 2013 retina Macbook Pro. I completed the install and everything went fine. When, after the install was done i was directed to the normal Windows desktop. Everything was normal except that i could not connect to the internet, it said i lacked the drivers. When i turned of the computer and tried to go back into windows, neither the keyboard or the trackpad was working, so i could not get passed the log in screen. These things had been working before.

PS. i had to delete the file "appleSSD.sys" in (partioned hardrive)/windows/system32/drivers/(applSSD.sys) to prevent me from getting the error upon install.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 9:03 AM

13 replies

Oct 2, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Hexaotl

Have you tried a wired Keyboard/Mouse? BT drivers may not be installed.

Was AppleSSD64 directory deleted from $WinPEDriver$ prior to W7 installation? The worst case scenario is to remove Windows using BC Assistant (only), and re-install it. When the keyboard and mouse are working during the installation, please ensure that all BC drivers are properly installed by check Device Manager and looking for any devices with yellow triangle and exclamation mark. Do not Reboot till all of these are clean, even if you are asked too, just tell the installer to reboot later.

Oct 2, 2015 10:34 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the help!

Actually, it seems like the $WinPEDriver$ folder is gone. I can only find it on the USB i used to boot up windows, but not on the computer (neither OSX nor Windows partion). Guessing that might be a problem...? I had only deleted the AppleSSD.sys file, not the whole $WinPEDriver$ folder. Do you know where this folder should be located, normally?

If this is the source of the problem, how do i fix it?

PS. Can the folder have deleted itself after i deleted the AppleSSD.sys file..? Forexample when Windows was starting up?

Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Hexaotl

$WinPEDriver$ exists only on the USB. It does not exist on the Mac and is not supposed too. Can I suggest the following?

1. Recreate your USB Installer using BC Assistant Options 1 and 2.

2. Remove Windows using Option 3.

3. Move the AppleSSD64 folder out of the $WinPEDriver$ folder. It should look like the following. Please ignore the 5.1.5621 folder in this screen shot.

User uploaded file

4. Re-install Windows with this modified USB and test.

Oct 3, 2015 6:50 AM in response to Loner T

I now at least know what the problem is. When i launch Device Manager there are 5 drivers with yellow triangles on them. They are missing. The 5 drivers are all of the ones under "Other Drivers" (or something like that), including usb control, network control, and multimedia control.

Where can i find these drivers to install them manually? When i boot into windows without using the Option button on launch i have mouse/keyboard control, but getting the wifi to work, or the computer to recognize USBs will require me to install the drivers.

Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Hexaotl

1. Download Paragon for NTFS trial and install it. This will give you read-write access from OS X to Windows.

2. On the OS X side, use BCA to download Windows drivers.

3. Copy the contents from the USB to a known folder on the Windows partition.

4. Remove Paragon NTFS, otherwise it causes problems with Windows booting.

5. Switch to Windows and run setup.exe from the folder used in Step 3.

Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Loner T

I get a problem when i try to complete these steps, when I (in Windows) try to launch the Setup.exe file, i get a error saying that i cant run the file on the windows partion. Especially since i do not have the ability to right click in the windows partion, i am at a loss on how to be able to run the file.

Is either a way to get around the error, or a way to manually place the individual files in their correct locations?

Oct 4, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you for all the help, I got everything to work now.

If anybody else have had my problem, il say what I did. Dfter following the steps in this thread, I downloaded the (appropriate) Bootcamp Support Drivers, then i (in the MacOSX) partion, saved the files in the Windows Partion. Then switched of the computer, logged in on the Windows version and launched the Setup.exe file in the files i just downloaded.

Ez as that.

Bootcamp trackpad, keyboard and wifi not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.