Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just updated to ios 9.0.2 and siri is not working

i have the iphone 5s and just updated to ios9.0.2 after i updated siri does not receive any voice.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:29 PM

Same problem on the iPhone 6. Siri does work on my phone using the headset. Also,dictation for text messages doesn't work except with the headset. I've talked to Apple Support and they are working on a fix. Apparently they have had several reports of problems.

Interestingly, Siri on my iPad 2 with 9.0.2 installed works with no problem.

Jeff

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Satyalok

Same problem on the iPhone 6. Siri does work on my phone using the headset. Also,dictation for text messages doesn't work except with the headset. I've talked to Apple Support and they are working on a fix. Apparently they have had several reports of problems.

Interestingly, Siri on my iPad 2 with 9.0.2 installed works with no problem.

Jeff

Oct 10, 2015 4:20 PM in response to J-Photo

After repeated attemps for a solution from Apple Tech Support I took my phone into the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store. The tech reviewed the case any decided to give me a new iPhone 6. My previous one was still under warranty. The new phone came with IOS 8.4.1 and Siri worked correctly. After upgrading to IOS 9.0.2 Siri and Dictation still worked! I am now back in business after several hours restoring Apps and Music.

Oct 11, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Satyalok

I have this same problem also. ever since I updated to iOS 9 a month ago, siri and dictation don't work. but with google voice or any other third party voice recognition app, they do work. For now, I am using the good old fashioned Voice Control on my iPhone. its a little worse than Siri but it does the trick. Also I (And I recommend you do this aswell) sent feedback to apple about this software issue. Maybe with enough feedback about the bug, they will get a fix real soon. to submit your experience with this bug, click this link. -->http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Oct 11, 2015 6:28 PM in response to Satyalok

Chiming in.

iOS 9.0.2 and I get inconsistencies with Siri. Sometimes she reads back what I dictated in a text message other times not. Same with Facebook posting where it will dictates my message and then hangs and does nothing. Recently, I asked for direction after that point my iPhone 6S Plus went mute, but the switch isn't on nor is it in Do Not Disturb mode.

I have rebooted twice to fix the problem. I'm guessing another bug not quite stomped out.

i just updated to ios 9.0.2 and siri is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.