Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App I purchased won't download

Hey all,

well I bought an App on my MacBook and it couldn't download but said I should try it again via the purchased page. But even when i try to download it on the purchased page it says the same. Every other app i can download etc. To be specific the App is You need a budget (YNAB). Does anyone know any tips or tricks??

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 10:56 AM

9 replies

Oct 2, 2015 10:02 PM in response to T3atim3

I have the same problem with the LEGO Star Wars Saga game.

Have tried resetting the app Store, clearing the cookies and cache, logging out of the App Store, removing the temporary file in the /var/folders/zz directory and restarting my computer with no success.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with apples servers?

MacBook Pro with Retina Mid 15-inch 2015 Yosemite 10.10.5

Cheers.

Oct 4, 2015 4:28 PM in response to T3atim3

Hi all, I am having the same problem with some of my programs such as quake 4, Lego Star wars Saga, Borderlands Game of the Year, Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Empire:Total War - Gold Edition, Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy, Angry Birds to name a few. Many did work. I did a clean install because I like to have things new when I being with a new O/S and so far I like it but I am sure it has to do with the release with the new O/S but if not I hope Apple will look into this issue because I live in the USA and I bought the Games under the USA region and they should there. I have notice when you click download it does save a file in the app dir but it is only a small 511Kb file and it shows the game icon but they is it. i have tried a number of different things to try out such as log off my apple account on mac store and relax back on, change my region and still nothing. I have also made a quest account as well as another admin account and still does not work for these games. I have also cleared cash files and even redo my computer to see if this worked but all was a waist of time. Apple, please look into this.

Oct 14, 2015 5:08 PM in response to T3atim3

I am having the same problem after jumping thru multiple hoops with the app store: sign out, sign in, restart, clear cache, clear temp files, etc. I am trying to download You Need A Budget app as well. driving me nuts.

I have a 2012 macbook pro with the new el capitan OS, the problem persists after encountering it yesterday with Yosemite.

Nice wrinkle: The money was accepted and a recipt sent, yet no response from apple regarding the problem. Oh, and a few apple program (iMovies, etc) updates managed to download without a hitch. So... I don't know what to do now I am just in limbo waiting on Apple to respond to my email.

Any new ideas or solutions, fire away.

JH

App I purchased won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.