Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Texts not working on iOS 9.0.2 with my 6+.

My group texts are not working on my iPhone 6+ . I have talked to AT&T, and Apple, no one knows how to fix the problem. I have reset the network settings, I have done numerous soft reboots, turned MMS messaging on/off, along with SMS. I have even gone as far as to do a factory reset on my phone, and still nothing. My friends will receive my messages, but I will not get theirs. Or a day or two later I will get an influx of texts from them. AT&T says I need a new phone, and Apple says that its a software issue, and no one is solving the problem. This is all started after I downloaded iOS 9, and the latest iOS 9.0.2 update did not solve the problem. So can someone else help me? Or APPLE can you step up your game and fix the issue????

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:22 AM

I Am having the same problem since the 9 update and 9.0.2 bug fix. I am going to Apple Store this morn but am not optimistic about them helping. I wish I had not updated to 9.

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 5:57 AM in response to cward0323

Same issue on my AT&T 6 plus. Worked fine till 9.0 (then subsequent 9.01 and 9.02) update then group mms starting failing in the same manner. After all kinds of resets and even reset as new iphone problem still persist. Also had issue of receiving text from "unknown" with message "service denied" or "message unavailable"

After a long wait at the Apple Store, I received a new (service) phone. Group MMS worked for about a day then same problem returned. I also have frequent "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work properly with this iphone" even though nothing is connected. This message happens 20-30 times daily. Apple advisor had be do a complete reset again, via iTunes and even though the phone showed 9.02, iTunes did not recognize the version and reinstalled 9.02. All the problems still continued to occur. The next step, today or so will be to get a new in the box iphone 6 plus and see what happens. I'm not that hopeful this will resolve the issue. Does anyone know if this problems exist with the 6s plus running 9.02?

Also spoke with ATT and they have submitted a work ticket to see if there is an issue on their in. 24 to 48 hours before I may get answer

Oct 6, 2015 10:36 AM in response to cward0323

i was told yesterday to enable iMessage on my iPhone6+ currently running 9.0.2 to see if it fixes this problem. I have iMessage set to OFF, always have because I do not like all my texts going to all my apple devices, but was willing to try anything at this point. I disabled iMessage on all of my other apple devices and when I enabled it on my iPhone, I only chose my phone number to be able to send/receive texts (NOT using my Apple ID/email)...and so far it seems to be working!

Group Texts not working on iOS 9.0.2 with my 6+.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.