Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus cannot make calls or receive calls after iOS 9.0.2 upgrade

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:04 PM

Upgraded my son's 4s to IOS 9.0.2 and now he cannot make or receive calls. Factory reset the phone and still the same problem. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

9 replies

Oct 6, 2015 8:20 AM in response to snppoy

I have done all the above (restore, set as new iPhone, reset network connection settings etc.) and none resolved the issue. I use Vodafone connection. There was not issue when I usually upgraded iOS version 9.0.1. But this issue appeared when I upgraded from version 9.0.1 to 9.0.2. When 3G enabled no call can be made or received with a message for caller "facility restricted" on this device. But I can send SMS or browse using 3G. If I changed to 2G, calls cannot be made but can receive calls. Looks like a problem from service provider. But all issue started appearing after iOS version update

Oct 18, 2015 6:55 AM in response to AppleUserfrombangalore

I was unable to hear any call I was making with my 6 plus after upgrading to 9.0.2. Was able to receive calls, send text, receive text. It appeared the only thing I could not do was place a call. The interesting thing was that who ever I was calling, their phone would ring (although I was unaware of that as I could hear nothing on my end) but when they answered I was unable to hear them. I went through many of the steps listed on Apple's support page including checking all of my phones settings, removing and reinstalling the SIM card, etc. As a last resort, before erasing the phone and starting over, I did a simple reset and everything worked again. I had not started with this because the phone did a restart yesterday when I changed a zoom function. Apparently this was not the same as a reset.

Jan 2, 2016 8:51 AM in response to AppleUserfrombangalore

Hi!

I am an iphone 6 plus user from the Philippines. I am experiencing similar problem with my iphone 6 plus since the second week of December 2015. I cannot make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls on a specific area given that i can utilize SMS and Cellular data. Also two other network subscribers ( similar to mine) weren't experiencing the same problem. I have contacted my network provider, performed the troubleshooting techniques but these didn't solve the problem. Just this afternoon I decided to update my software to IOS 9.2. After the update still i cannot make and receive calls. However, just a moment ago, I got curious with the new options under the Cellular data. It has 2G 3G and LTE. I turned 2G and VOILA. I can make outgoing calls and also receive incoming calls. However whenever I turned it to LTE ( which will enable me to utilize my internet subscription...again i cannot make and receive calls) Also the 3G option is quite useless since i cannot utilize both voice and data with that. This is another problem that should be fixed by Apple. Other iphone user should be informed of this new trend, I supposed. This definitely will cause a confusion and also hassle for all the iphone users like me. This is so complicated and not so user friendly I think. Nevertheless, I am quite happy that i have found a way to solve this problem. Eventually, I will make a report of this to my network provider. Hope this will help us all. Thanks. Krungkrung069795

Jan 2, 2016 8:55 AM in response to Krungkrung

It sounds to me that your carrier does not support LTE for voice calls. When you go to Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE, then set it for Data only. That way, your phone will not be trying to use LTE for voice, since it seems your carrier cannot support it. They should have told you that, especially since you turned on 2G. Also, the carrier is the one that supports the particular switches that you have when it comes to cellular, as that is part of the carrier file. Check with them on settings for using your device correctly. That is not an Apple issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.