Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visual Voicemail not working on IOS 9.0.2

I am no longer able to view my voicemail messages after upgrading to IOS 9.0.2 on my iPhone 6 plus on at&t. It just connects me to my audio voice mail box so I can listen to my messages instead of displaying them on my screen as before. How can I correct this? Thank you!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:52 PM

I have AT&T service. After updating from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 I lost the use of visual voicemail. When I touched the voicemail icon in the phone app it would start an audio call to voicemail. I spoke with Apple for a half hour and they tried many things, none of which worked.

One of the items was to change the voicemail password. I did that with settings>phone>change voicemail password, and the process never completed - I was left with a screen that said "Updating password..." but it never cleared. I then called voicemail by touching the voicemail icon, and followed the menu to change password. That also failed to resolve the issue.

However, when I called 611 and followed the menu to reset my password, and received a text with a temporary password, the visual voicemail immediately worked, as did the change password option in settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:52 PM in response to markwel

I have AT&T service. After updating from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 I lost the use of visual voicemail. When I touched the voicemail icon in the phone app it would start an audio call to voicemail. I spoke with Apple for a half hour and they tried many things, none of which worked.

One of the items was to change the voicemail password. I did that with settings>phone>change voicemail password, and the process never completed - I was left with a screen that said "Updating password..." but it never cleared. I then called voicemail by touching the voicemail icon, and followed the menu to change password. That also failed to resolve the issue.

However, when I called 611 and followed the menu to reset my password, and received a text with a temporary password, the visual voicemail immediately worked, as did the change password option in settings.

Oct 16, 2015 7:05 AM in response to wbacon

My experience in solving the problem was very similar. The original help desk person tried for an hour, checking account settings, even sending codes to my phone. No luck. They then patched me through to Advanced Technical Support. They actually saw the flaw in the account setting and initially had me change my password. That didn't work, so they deleted my voicemail account, reloaded it and it started working again. Since this seems to be such a common problem, I am surprised that the solution is not more forthcoming. I guess they will eventually get it.

Visual Voicemail not working on IOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.