Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stultified by limited touchscreen design

When the air is cold, or when I'm cold, the iPhone touch screen loses sensitivity.

As the marketplace ages, this issue will be come more important for customers buying for their children and grandchildren.

When will Apple provide a temperature-specific touchscreen sensitivity adjustment?

Thanks for all direction.

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:32 AM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2015 6:40 PM in response to jetpowercom

All capacitive touch screens work less well if your fingers are cold. So, until a better technology comes along, wear gloves when it gets cold. They make them with fingertips designed to work with touch screens.

As the marketplace ages, this issue will be come more important for customers buying for their children and grandchildren.

I have no idea what this has to do with touch screens and temperatures. . I'm not aware that "children and grandchildren" get colder or have colder fingertips.

You can also submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Oct 8, 2015 9:31 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Ambient temp in my IT room is 72-75 degrees. The iPad's touchscreen, and those of other devices, work fine when the iPhone doesn't.

Better technology exists in devices older than the iPhone 5; as an example, the multi-function Ricoh printer ten feet outside my office has a touchscreen with adjustable sensitivity.

As an FYI, despite gradual loss of blood circulation, older people gain and maintain a lot of buying power, whose benefits are often reaped by their warmer-fingered progeny. Apple will benefit from acknowledging these truths.

Stultified by limited touchscreen design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.