Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my home address in the maps app in IOS9?

I never input my actual home address and I am disturbed that the new IOS 9 has made it so blatantly obvious where I live. I would like to at least change the address to a nearby gas station or something to preserve a little bit of security, but cannot figure out how to do so.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:47 AM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2015 12:29 PM in response to rivess

This address comes from your contact information that you identified as "My Info" a.k.a "Me" (settings> email, contacts & calendars> My Info).

You can do this one of two ways easily:

1. To make your address fictitious; you would have to change the "home" address in your contact to any bogus address you want; (optional: then add your true address under a different label (work, other or add a custom label).

2. Create a bogus contact... and identify this as "My Info" in settings...

Joe

Oct 2, 2015 6:26 PM in response to rivess

rivess wrote:

I never input my actual home address and I am disturbed that the new IOS 9 has made it so blatantly obvious where I live. I would like to at least change the address to a nearby gas station or something to preserve a little bit of security, but cannot figure out how to do so.

To maintain your security, put a passcode on your phone.

Nov 28, 2015 2:26 PM in response to rivess

even if you have a passcode on your phone all you have to do is hold down the home button and tell Siri take me home and maps will route you to your home address without having to bypass any security. Now if you left your phone in your car and some opportunist thieves decide to pick pocket you for your keys and saw you pull up and what car was yours they then have your car most likley your home keys and with the help of Siri the route to your home! Slightly disturbing. It's a long shot that it might happen to

you but it would be good to have an option to switch of that "take me home" feature.

Nov 28, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Paul Smyth2

Paul Smyth2 wrote:

even if you have a passcode on your phone all you have to do is hold down the home button and tell Siri take me home and maps will route you to your home address without having to bypass any security. Now if you left your phone in your car and some opportunist thieves decide to pick pocket you for your keys and saw you pull up and what car was yours they then have your car most likley your home keys and with the help of Siri the route to your home! Slightly disturbing. It's a long shot that it might happen to

you but it would be good to have an option to switch of that "take me home" feature.

In your scenario, they could just read the address on your driver's license in your wallet, or your cars registration certificate. No need for an iPhone or Siri at all. In that scenario, your iphone would hardly be the weakest link in protecting your home location. And you can disable use of Siri from the lock screen if you wish to.

How do I change my home address in the maps app in IOS9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.