Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app keep going offline

Hello,

I haven't been able to find an answer that works for my mail app. I'm using the OS X 10.4. My computer is shared so I'm often logging into my side during the day. I've had this ongoing problem where all 4 mail accounts I use go offline and they stay offline for days. Then eventually it all starts working again. I've tried connection doctor and the top part show a green button and then next to each account it shows a red button that says something to the effect of checking to see if my accounts allow SSL. All the accounts have the SSL option checked. When I select view details in the connection doctor box nothing shows up. I've tried a restart and keep trying to hit take accounts online to no avail. Even tried to edit the SMTP option in the preferences mail accounts setting.

It's driving me nuts because it happens often and I can't use mail during he time. Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:04 PM

Your post indicates you are using OS X 10.4 which is Tiger, however below you indicate you are on Yosemite 10.10.3. So what version of OS X do you currently have installed?

3 replies

Mail app keep going offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.