Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update iPhoto

I have been trying to open the iPhoto app on my mac, but whenever I do this a message appears saying that I need to update the app because it is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. I checked the app's new update but it can't be downloaded, and the message I receive is that the item is temporarily unavailable.

Basically, this app doesn't work, I can't use it, and I don't know what to do.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:53 PM

At this time Apple stopped support for iPhoto and the update to v. 9.6.1 is no longer available. If the ability to download returns, these instructions will likely work again: Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

iPhoto has been replaced with Photos in Yosemite.

3 replies

Oct 2, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Rysz

For the past few days iPhoto had been gone completely from the App Store, but day before yesterday Apple returned older purchases to the App Store. There may still be maintenance work going on, so try again later, if the problem persists.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/29/older-software-returns-mac-app-store/

Which iPhoto version do you currently have installed? Has that version been purchased from the App Store or did it come preinstalled?

I can't update iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.