Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios9 silence/ringer issues

Since I have updated to IOS 9 (and subsequent updates), my phone has issues going back and forth between silent and ringing. I work from home and when I am on a call, I will put my phone on silent/vibrate so that text messages etc are not heard through my phone call. When I turn the ringer back on, it stays in silent/vibrate mode unless I restart my phone. Is anyone else having this same issue? It's extremely annoying to have to restart my phone all the time.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2, On AT&T network

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:54 AM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2015 7:37 PM in response to TWright01

User troubleshooting steps are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. Test after each step. You might also want to check your mute switch to see if it appear to be functioning correctly. If you unlock the phone before moving the switch, you should see an indication on the home screen when it goes to silent and back to ring. If you do not see that and you restore the device as new and it still does not work correctly, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store and have the hardware examined.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Nov 25, 2015 8:49 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

there are many problems that many people are experiencing from IOS 9 and a trip to the 'genius' bar is just another problem to add. There are many users that have mobility issues and a 'genius' bar trip can be a nightmare for them. This isn't a hardware issue, your suggestions are vague and I have to wonder what you are really up to. My advice to you is please consider the question more completely and if you have a real solution then please add to this thread. Regards.

ios9 silence/ringer issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.