Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 8.0.6 cannot import video from iPhone iOS 9 [file size dependent]

ok

i use iMovie 8.0.6 because i like the video filing system of this version better than iMovie 10.0.9

My issue is prior to iOS9 update, i could transfer movies taken with my iPhone 6 using the Image Capture mac app.

place them on a scratch disk, then use iMovie 8.0.6 to import the video files into that filing system on another drive.

Then perform projects..etc

File Size had no effect on the ability of iMovie 8.0.6 to import the file successfully prior to the iOS 9 update.

However since the iOS9 update for the iPhone i am not able to do this all the time.

One week i took three .MOV videos 6.6GB, 6.95GB, 8.2GB and they could not be imported into iMovie 8.0.6

they were "greyed out" as if it was a not a compatible file format for this application. The import worked for iMovie 10.0.9

Then week two, only 1 of the three videos experienced this issue, the file size was 8 GB

The two video files which did successfully import into iMovie 8.0.6 were 2.73 GB and 779 MB

So I am guessing at some file size threshold, iOS 9 changes the video file coding to something which is now incompatible with iMovie 8.0.6

Would Love For Apple To Address Backward Compatibiliy of .MOV file codings for older software.

please don't make me use iMovie 10.0.9, I'm not crazy about it.

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:51 AM

There are no replies.

iMovie 8.0.6 cannot import video from iPhone iOS 9 [file size dependent]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.