Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem installing 9.0.2 update

ever since downloading IOS 9.0.2 successfully, it will not install into my iPod Touch 9.0.1. I enter my password, hit agree to the terms and conditions, and wait while the update is being verified. After about two minutes, I get the error Software Update is not available at this time. Also I can no longer access the Internet, despite being connected to my WiFi account. I read that there were problems wt the initial update, and perhaps it has caused me a problem installing the newer update. I am getting the message Software Update is unavailable at this time. Try again later. Is there anyway to fix this problem, without resorting to a complete factory reset?

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4, Voice Memos question

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 3:43 PM

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Try when connected to another network

- last, update via iTunes

6 replies

Oct 2, 2015 5:26 PM in response to greenmind

lllaass,

- I can't reply directly to you. For some weird reason when I do, this forum confuses me as being user Grayn280. User 'Grayn280' is banned from posting content , so hopefully you get this response.

- Anyway, I reset my iPod, and then updated using iTunes, and now have Version 9.02.

- Unfortunately, I am still unable to access the Internet using my iPod. I tried my Xfinity direct WiFi network, and also the WiFi network through router that my bluRay player uses. Last week both worked, through my iPod.

- The Xfinity network just spins and spins on my iPod if it is chosen. If I choose my router network, it will have a blue checkmark, as if it's connected, but when trying to access Safari, it will still say "Safari cannot open the page because your iPod Touch is not connected to he Internet."

Thank you for your help.

Oct 3, 2015 2:41 AM in response to greenmind

The User "Gray... is a bug in the forum software.

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tends to indicate a problem with your network.

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 3, 2015 7:14 AM in response to roe207

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Problem installing 9.0.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.