Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shake mouse pointer to locate doesn't work

The new El Capitan feature, "Shake mouse pointer to locate" doesn't work on my Mac.

I've confirmed that it's checked off in the Accessibility control panel, but still no dice.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8.3, Yosemite 10.10

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:01 PM

18 replies

Oct 2, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Ferd II

I wish my solution was as simple as just restarting. Here is what persists since upgrading to the free El Capitan

1 Hot Corners no longer works. For a temp work around I have set my F1 F2 F3 etc buttons to do what my hot corners used to do.

2 The custom buttons dont work on my mouse and my "Logitech Control Center" says "No Logitech Devices Found.

3 Scroll up and down is WAY to fast. I can't make it go any slower using the mouse settings.

4 Dock Magnification no longer work and I have double checked that the "Magnification Box" is checked.

Does anybody have any solution of work arounds I can try. This is very frustrating.

PS: I have multiple screen (6) and can't figure out any practical reasons to use "Split View" feature. Any suggestions?

Since this is an OS issue. I wonder if I can get some support from Apple Care. Wish me luck.

Oct 2, 2015 3:28 PM in response to John Galt

I think John Galt has a good idea. In this case Logitech does have a support number 1 646 454 3200

The broken English tech claimed they haven't had any calls on this issue.

I was guided through some steps to find a download for Max OX 10.11 but it doesn't exist YET.

Since the tech claimed this is a new issue... there was no timeframe put on when the latest driver/download will be avail.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads

Im going to keep checking into the download page everyday to see when they have the correct driver.

I dont mean to knock Logitech in anyway here. They made very durable and long lasting mice. Just wish they had American techies. IMO

Oct 2, 2015 6:06 PM in response to John Galt

A guy named MithrulSoul made a suggestion on another thread that works. These El Cap bugs were driving me nuts so I went ahead and went to the http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads and selected the old 10.10x tab then selected "Logitech Control Center" and loaded the the 3.9.3 and as far as I can tell Mithru was right... its flawless and all the button and custom "hot corner" configuration worked just as before the El Cap upgrade. Thank you Mithter and Mr Galt 🙂

Shake mouse pointer to locate doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.