Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wiped my phone but no info on icloud

I backed up my phone on the icloud and even bought extra storage so I could save everything before I wiped my phone to give to a friend.

I need a contact number but there is NO info on my icloud account that even shows i had the phone and backed it up.

Where is it and how do I access it???

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:19 PM

7 replies

Oct 2, 2015 1:23 PM in response to heylainey

If you just simply backed up your iPhone that does not mean you have access to that information on iCloud.com. iPhone & iPad backups can not be viewed on iCloud.com. The only way you would be able to view contacts, email, calendars on iCloud.com is if you had those features toggled on in Settings > iCloud and you were saving data to your iCloud account.

What it sounds like happened in your case is you backed up your iPhone to iCloud thinking it would allow you to see all the information (that was) on your iPhone on iCloud.com. I'm sorry to say that is not the case. Backing up and syncing are two different things. If you're backing up to iCloud, iCloud is saving a (near) exact copy of everything on your iPhone and storing it in a lockbox of sorts so if your iPhone is damaged you can easily take everything that was on your previous iPhone and place it on a new one (i.e., iCloud Restore). If you want to be able to have your contacts, calendars, email, etc., viewable on iCloud.com or on other Apple devices that's referring to syncing. You have to be storing your information in iCloud. (Hence, having Contacts, Calendars, and Mail toggled ON in Settings > iCloud on your iPhone).

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

I hope you can find your data!

I wiped my phone but no info on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.