Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help with a backup issue

My iCloud account, and appleID are both completely separate from my mom's accounts. My mom is going to get a new iPhone soon, and isn't that tech savvy, so I backed up her phone on my iTunes on my computer. Before doing that, I logged myself out of iTunes, and logged her in. Then, I did a backup. (although at the top of iTunes, it said it was syncing) But, I made sure I chose backup, and not sync. Everything worked fine- we each have our own content on our phones. But, I noticed today that my app store icon shows a 5 on it. I checked, and all my apps are up to date, but those 5 apps are ones that my mom needs to update on her phone. When I tap on one of those apps, the popup appears that says I need to sign into iTunes with the password for my mom's Apple ID.

Do you think I did something wrong with the backup? She has a 4s, and I have a 6s. I haven't noticed any other issues other than this.

thanks!

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:14 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 12:00 PM in response to Teri2255

Teri2255 wrote:

Do you think I did something wrong with the backup?

Yes.

iTunes should not be shared by different users. Period.

Why wouldn't you simply create a new Windows account (or OS X account - you haven't told us what type of computer you have) for your mom, set it up with her Apple ID, and do her backup there?

need help with a backup issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.