Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make a picture only appear in an album and not my camera roll?

I would like to make it so that you have to go into a certain album to access a picture, and it does not show up in my camera roll.

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:02 PM

If you create an album on the iPod using photos already on the iPod the new album only has a pointer to to the photo in the source album. You see the photos in moth albums but there is only one copy of the photo file.

The only way to do what you want is to import the photos to your computer, delete them from the iPod and then sync them back to the iPod. Not that to then delete them you have to unsynced synced photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Riftus

If you create an album on the iPod using photos already on the iPod the new album only has a pointer to to the photo in the source album. You see the photos in moth albums but there is only one copy of the photo file.

The only way to do what you want is to import the photos to your computer, delete them from the iPod and then sync them back to the iPod. Not that to then delete them you have to unsynced synced photos.

Can I make a picture only appear in an album and not my camera roll?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.