Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re-migrate iPhoto?

Hi folks,

I successfully transferred my iPhotos library on to an external hard-drive when I updated my macbook pro. But when I went to the library - I stupidly opened it from the external hard-drive before copying it over to my new laptop. It now won't open the old library as it's telling me I've already migrated the photos. But I can't access or see them.

How can I manually re-migrate my old library into Photos if it's already been done?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:56 PM

This may be helpful to you if you've transferred the library from the external HD to your Mac now:

Follow these steps to designate a System Photo Library:

• Quit Photos.
  • Hold down the Option key, then open Photos. One of the photo libraries is already designated as YourLibraryName (System Photo Library).
  • Choose the library you want to designate as the System Photo Library.

Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 1:56 PM in response to nesrob

This may be helpful to you if you've transferred the library from the external HD to your Mac now:

Follow these steps to designate a System Photo Library:

• Quit Photos.
  • Hold down the Option key, then open Photos. One of the photo libraries is already designated as YourLibraryName (System Photo Library).
  • Choose the library you want to designate as the System Photo Library.

Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support

re-migrate iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.