Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did a factory restore, but the sync didnt update my apps or calendar, but it did do my mail accs

I did a factory reset of my Ipod, then it said I Tunes would restore all my apps when I sync it on my computer.

It synced my email accounts and my contacts, but not my apps or calendar.

What else do I have to do to get these items back? Says it had synced, but they are not there.

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 2:21 PM

Do you have iOS 4.2.1?

What computer OS and version?

What iTunes version?

If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 2:21 PM in response to margaret45

Do you have iOS 4.2.1?

What computer OS and version?

What iTunes version?

If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Oct 3, 2015 5:43 AM in response to lllaass

In reply to last 2 questions. My Ipod is version ios 6.1.6. I Downloaded the latest version of ITunes.

not sure what you mean by network. but I have a Dell laptop at home, internet thru Cogeco.. with a router for wifi.

I am beginning to think perhaps I cant get what I want. I have now downloaded the same apps and games that I had, my contacts are there, my calendar is there but only goes back to April of this year. I had 3 years worth of travel information on my old one, hotels, places we visited, wrote in it every day, so I'm sorry to lose that. also on the "Notes" I had a lot of info and passwords etc. that I have lost also. Maybe I will just have to cut my losses and start again. But cant figure out how to authorize my Ipod. It says only one device is authorized, which is my PC.

I did a factory restore, but the sync didnt update my apps or calendar, but it did do my mail accs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.