Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi.Am using FCP X 10.1.4. I have a few differant films that I am editing. When I open the library the film should normally appear in the timeline. Now it is not and I cannot find it. Any suggestions. Have I accidently changed a setting somewhere?

Hi

I am using Final cut pro X 10.1.4 on a macbook pro with OS X 10.9.5.

I have been using it for a few years without any problems but now when I open a library to work on a film the film does not appear on the timeline. I cannot find the edit anywhere. I'm sure its not lost, but maybe I have changed a setting. It just shows "new project".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 1:37 PM

7 replies

Oct 2, 2015 2:18 PM in response to sealandair

TThis is an unfortunately common mistake. You have edited into a clip rather than into a project. This happens because you open a clip into the timeline and then edit other clips into it. You should be able to copy the contents of the clip with other media in it and paste it into an actual project. Cmd-N makes a new project. Paste into that.

Hi.Am using FCP X 10.1.4. I have a few differant films that I am editing. When I open the library the film should normally appear in the timeline. Now it is not and I cannot find it. Any suggestions. Have I accidently changed a setting somewhere?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.