Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix 12 and under profile ATV-ui31 problem

Hi,

I use my Apple TV to stream Netflix almost daily, and in my normal day to day profile it works without a problem.

Today, I wanted to use the Kids profile but I couldn't connect. The message I receive is 'We're unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again later (ATV-ui31).

I tried creating a new profile, and setting it to 'Children 12 and under'. When I tried to connect - got exactly the same message above. If I edited the profile to 'Teen' it works fine. Changing it back to '12 and under' and the problem re-occurs. Editing it back to teen or adult and the problem goes away. It's definitely re-creatable.

If I search for kids content in my normal profile it will stream fine, so it's the '12 and under' setting that's the problem.

There are no restrictions set on my ATV.

Anyone help?

TIA,

SPD

OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 3:08 PM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:50 AM in response to _devros

Exact same issue for me. All adult profiles work fine just not the kids one. I can open it fine on my iPad and android ph but not on my Apple TV 3rd gen. Have followed the whole unplug power and hdtv cable wait and turn on, no good, then followed next step of signing my Netflix account and back in but still no change. Frustrating

Oct 4, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Weymesfam

Thanks for responding. I forgot to mention that mine is also a 3rd gen Apple TV.

Went through a live chat with Netflix, did the whole unplug, plug back in, sign out and in.

Then went through the additional step of completely resetting the ATV. Set it back up and it's still no good. As you say, very frustrating.

The thing I find odd is that I can find relatively few other reports in either this forum or others from folks who are also having this problem.

SPD.

Oct 4, 2015 9:17 PM in response to Weymesfam

Just got home and tried and My main kids profile set up for younger kids is working. Now only get the error message for the older kids profile I set up as a test. Unsure if a fix has been implemented or if the error is intermittent now now I've jumped and out of adult to my daughters a couple times without error. Has anyone else had success or heard what was the issue. Read things about special characters but that doesn't apply to my password and have thought it would affect all profiles not just the kids ones.

Netflix 12 and under profile ATV-ui31 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.