Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When try to shuffle my music or play a song, my iPod just repeats the same song over and over again. Why does this happen and/or how can I fix it?

User uploaded file

I have an iPod touch 5th generation 32gb. I have iOS 9.0.2 I have no idea what caused the problem. One day, I was sitting listening to my music, and then I clicked shuffle and it just repeated the same song. The same thing happens if I click a song from a category, such as "artists" or "albums." I talked to apple chat support earlier, and they recommended resetting my iPod completely and restoring it, which I tried, and it didn't help. If you have any idea how to help me, please respond (because this is really starting to irritate me haha). Thanks! - Lucy

P.S. I hope you found my touch of sarcasm amusing by my song choice ;^)))

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:26 AM

Make sure yo do not have Repeat turned on:

User uploaded file

Skip to any point in a song. Drag the playhead. Decrease the scrubbing speed by sliding your finger down the screen.

Share music. Tap User uploaded file, then choose a sharing option.

Shuffle. Tap User uploaded file to play your songs in random order.

Repeat. Tap User uploaded file to repeat an album or playlist. Double-tap User uploaded file to repeat a single song.

Above is from the manual

http://help.apple.com/ipod-touch/9/#/iphcdcc4c8ab

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2015 2:26 AM in response to Creamophobe

Make sure yo do not have Repeat turned on:

User uploaded file

Skip to any point in a song. Drag the playhead. Decrease the scrubbing speed by sliding your finger down the screen.

Share music. Tap User uploaded file, then choose a sharing option.

Shuffle. Tap User uploaded file to play your songs in random order.

Repeat. Tap User uploaded file to repeat an album or playlist. Double-tap User uploaded file to repeat a single song.

Above is from the manual

http://help.apple.com/ipod-touch/9/#/iphcdcc4c8ab

When try to shuffle my music or play a song, my iPod just repeats the same song over and over again. Why does this happen and/or how can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.