Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't IOS 9.0.2 Notes sync w/ Notes on Mac, iPhone?

just updated my iPad to IOS 9.0.2; now my Notes on iPad won't sync w/ my Notes on my Mac nor iPhone.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.0.2, Notes app

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:39 PM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2015 8:25 PM in response to l black dog

Not much help but with iOS 9, notes went through a big change in how it is stored. You must have iOS 9 on all the iDevices and Mac OS 10.11 on your computers. Even then, it will only synch at this point with the same appleID. That is, if you have notes under the appleID (iCloud) of sam@icloud.com and notes under a different appleID of jane@icloud.com, they will not talk to each other EVEN if you log set up the iCloud account on the other computers. The calendars will synch fine, so will the contacts, but not the notes.

-- AnnEarl

Oct 2, 2015 8:49 PM in response to AnnEarl

thanks, Ann. But my accounts are the same across all three devices. And I am now reluctant to upgrade IOS/OS on the other two devices, since they're working fine together.

Sounds like I "upgraded" Notes on the iPad, which created a dual set, hence they don't sync. Is there any way to "revert" my iPad Notes app to the previous version so I can again sync across all three platforms?

The more I research this, the more worried I get about Apple software...

Oct 3, 2015 10:41 AM in response to l black dog

I have not seen anything to revert back "upgraded" notes. All my upgraded notes synch fine between my iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook Air (iOS 9.0.2 and 10.11 respectfully). However, all devices share the same primary iCloud account. The secondary iCloud accounts (e.g. wife's) does not sync Notes. Another thread says secondary iCloud accounts not syncing is currently by design so I submitted a "bug" report on apple.com/feedback.

Oct 18, 2015 1:08 PM in response to AnnEarl

I guess I'll take my old iPod touch to the store, instead of the new iPhone, with the shopping lists I made on my computer (with a real keyboard). Luckily I haven't upgraded the ios on the Touch. Now I will be even more leery of operating system upgrades than I was before. Software should be for everyone, not just some segment of the population that always buys the latest stuff or uses tools the most common ways.

why won't IOS 9.0.2 Notes sync w/ Notes on Mac, iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.