Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting for Apple to send "Verification code"

My iPod 5G had an error that prevented me from updating to iOS 9 and the only way out was to erase it completely and put a new system on it. Now I am trying to get my information on it so it will work. The setup procedure has me waiting for a "Verification code" to appear so I can continue. No verification code has arrived. I assume it is to arrive on my phone (I do not have a "Smartpnone" so I don't know how this is supposed to work.)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6), Also uses an iPad

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:51 PM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Gramps

Update:

I figured out how to get to the "Greeting" screen and select my language and country and connect to my Internet router, but am stopped dead in my tracks. It now wants me to launch "Find My Phone" in the iPod Touch and turn it off! Hello, I can't even get into my iPod finder and certainly not the "Find My Phone" app. So this is the best example of a "Catch 22" I have ever come across.

I am trying to control my language but this is very frustrating! How the heck can I get into my iPod. Please all you experts let me know...

Oct 3, 2015 7:04 AM in response to lllaass

Update:

I figured out how to get to the "Greeting" screen and select my language and country and connect to my Internet router, but am stopped dead in my tracks. It now wants me to launch "Find My Phone" in the iPod Touch and turn it off! Hello, I can't even get into my iPod finder and certainly not the "Find My Phone" app. So this is the best example of a "Catch 22" I have ever come across.

I am trying to control my language but this is very frustrating! How the heck can I get into my iPod

Oct 3, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Gramps

Did you do this:

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You can also try:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account

Waiting for Apple to send "Verification code"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.